Funding Entity: NOAA
- Prediction: Water levels, and three-dimensional currents, temperature and salinity
- Input: Meteorological and hydrological synoptic conditions and forecasts
- Scope: Cook Inlet and Shelikof Straits
- Resolution: Model resolution varies to 100’s to 10’s of meters in upper Cook Inlet.
- Timeline: Started in 2010. Completion projected for 2012
Strengths: It will be a ROMS implementation with wetting and drying
Additional Data Needed: Not able to say at this time. What is needed in general is a comprehensive set of observations to determine, quantitatively, the model skill.